Brevard County Fire Rescue wins first 'Provider of the Year' award - News 13 Article
Brevard County Fire Rescue made history Wednesday night when the agency won its first EMS Provider of the Year Award at a conference in Orlando.
The Emergency Medical Services Provider of the Year award recognizes EMS organizations for outstanding commitment to EMS service delivery.
"This is statewide recognition of the hard work, dedication and professionalism of our EMS division and of our commitment to the welfare, well-being and safety of our community," Brevard County Fire Rescue Chief Mark Schollmeyer said.
The award honors a licensed EMS provider that:
- participates in the Florida Pre-hospital EMS Tracking and Reporting System (EMSTARS)
- currently has no administrative action pending from the Department of Health
- has assumed a leadership role in the Florida EMS system and community
- has demonstrated outstanding initiative in the area of public education and/or training
- has demonstrated excellence in the areas of quality assurance/improvement and medical control protocol development/implementation
A selection committee from the state's EMS office reviews applications and selects the winner.
"This is a clear indication that Brevard County Fire Rescue is not only meeting and exceeding the state's EMS office expectations of an EMS service, but it demonstrates the level of commitment on behalf of our personnel to deliver quality emergency medical services to all Brevard County citizens and guests," Schollmeyer said.
Check back here regularly for the latest news about the BCFR Medical Director.
Visit us online for information about BCFR Medical Director and all of our services. We hope you will enjoy exploring our new website!
John McPherson MD
BCFR Medical Director
Timothy J. Mills Fire Rescue Center
1040 South Florida Ave.
Rockledge, FL 32955
Answering Service 24/7
Or use our contact form.